Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Contractions

I'm not talking about having a baby.

So today I randomly started thinking about how sentences sound funny when you end them with contractions.

e.g.

"You're not a boy."
"Yes, I'm."

"I'm going to look sooo sexy sporting this manly jean jacket."
"Yeah, you'll."

It sounds like you're about to say something more, but that's it. And yet, when you add something like a "not" after the contraction it sounds okay.

e.g.

"You're an idiot"
"No, I'm not."

Anyways, I encourage you all to be different and start ending sentences with contractions, and see what strange reactions you can evoke from people.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. So, I'm having issues coming up with a contradicting statement, or am I?
    -big sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'll have to start doing this.

    ReplyDelete